Without going much in to the details, about tree. We would like to emphasize on few things which makes Trees useful for us:
- Forested areas get better rainfall compared to areas with no tree cover.
- The wood from some trees such as teak, walnut, rosewood and oak is used to make furniture. Wood from other trees is used as fuel for cooking and for warming houses.
- Many trees are the source of useful modern medicines.
- Trees give us food such as fruits. These provide us with excellent nourishment.
- The canopy of leaves and branches gives us shelter.
- Paper is made from wood.
- Trees provide cool shade. Many trees, for example, in a forest, can make the climate pleasant and the air clean.
- When trees respire, they release oxygen that all animals need for their survival.
Trees alter the environment in which we live by moderating climate, improving air quality, reducing storm water runoff, and harboring wildlife. Local climates are moderated from extreme sun, wind, and rain. Radiant energy from the sun is absorbed or deflected by leaves on deciduous trees in the summer and is only filtered by branches of deciduous trees in winter. The larger the tree, the greater the cooling effect. By using trees in the cities, we can moderate the heat-island effect caused by pavement and buildings in commercial areas.
The planting of trees means improved water quality, resulting in less runoff and erosion. This allows more recharging of the ground water supply. Wooded areas help prevent the transport of sediment and chemicals into streams.
There are many government schemes and NGO which can be informed, if you see Tree cutting.
Through some easy ways, you can help all to Save Trees:
- Plant more trees, even small plants are not a bad idea, if you do not have land to plant tree.
- Water trees near you and keep nearby area clean.
- Avoid high pollution or burning like plastic near trees.
- Avoid using Paper Towels, Paper Cups.
- Do not print papers in offices or home, unless it's very necessary.
- Try to utilize both sides of papers.
- Go for e-Statements, and paper less bills
Last but not the least, help others also understand the importance of Trees in our life, and for our future generations.
You can check the air pollution level at India on http://aqicn.org/map/india/